- What is your normal response when trials come into your life? Is it realistic to ask us to look for joy when trials come?
- How does viewing trials as opportunities for growth change how you face them?
- What kind of wisdom do you think James is encouraging us to ask for in verse 5? When has God answered your prayer for wisdom?
- Do you tend to trust God more or waver when trials come? What’s the difference between honest doubt and giving up on God?
- What do you think it means when James promises a crown to those who endure testing? (1:12)
- What truth did you hear in this message about trials? How will you apply it to your life?