Scripture: John 16:21, Luke 2:41-52
Big Idea: Character, faith and resilience are developed through hardship. Parents sometimes wreck their kids when they make their life too easy.
The Bible says that…
- Jesus grew in wisdom — that’s mental or intellectual growth.
- Jesus grew in stature — that’s physical growth.
- Jesus grew in favor with God — that’s spiritual growth.
- Jesus grew in favor with people — that’s social growth.
- What are some challenges parents must overcome raising kids today?
- What are some of the dangers of shielding our children from hardship?
- What did you learn from Mary and Joseph about being parents?
- What are some ways our church can be more helpful to parents?