Additional scriptures: Psalm 22:1-11; Mark 15:22-39; Romans 8:28, 33-39
1. What easy explanations have you heard for why people suffer? What are some of the least satisfying?
2. What are the pitfalls of the statement, “everything happens for a reason?”
3. How has the problem of suffering impacted your life and the lives of the people you love?
4. When have you grown the most? When life has been easy or when there has been suffering?
5. What are some of the ways that you can work with God to offer help to people who are suffering?