1. “Sorrow, grief, and loss are inevitable and necessary.” What does this statement mean to you? Why are these things necessary?
2. What are some of the different kinds of loss we experience? When has your heart been broken?
3. What’s the blessing for those who embrace mourning instead of avoiding it?
4. How does God comfort us when we mourn? What are the risks of seeking comfort someplace other than God?
5. “Real love is always touched by sorrow.” What does this statement mean?
“We Christians believe that life is created and shaped by God and that a life of faith is a daily exploration of the constant and countless ways in which God’s grace and love are experienced.” – Eugene Peterson, A Long Obedience in the Same Direction