On May 16, 2021, the MCC Board voted to implement the following guidelines from the Healthy at Church Advisory Team. The new guidelines are based on current information from the CDC and the state of Kentucky.
- Beginning May 23, 2021 registration for worship will no longer be required.
- Worshipers who are fully vaccinated may choose not to wear a mask in the sanctuary for worship. Worshipers are asked to be considerate others who may continue wearing masks and seek to social distance.
- Ushers will continue to assist in seating participants and will ask individuals they are seating and those already seated, “are you comfortable sitting here with additional people?”
- Staff will determine timing and opportunity to engage the congregation in singing.
- Worship participants are asked to minimize congregating in the foyer and upon entering and departing classrooms as much as possible. Please move conversations outdoors as much as possible.
- Small groups will coordinate with Rachel Freeny for scheduling and room assignments which will be based on size of group, the possibility of both vaccinated and unvaccinated individuals participating in the group, and adequate ventilation. Group leaders will be informed of expectations for group participation activities in the building.
- 10 AM Sunday small groups are asked to enter the church at the bell tower door, which will be unlocked, and proceed down the stairs. Those needing to use the elevator are to observe distancing as they cross the foyer as there will be departing worshipers.
- Fully vaccinated individuals may remove masks while in classrooms for small group meetings, at the discretion of the group. Please be respectful of those who may not be vaccinated or may have hesitancy in mask removal.
- No food or drink will be available in the Fellowship Hall.
- Personal drinks may be brought into classrooms for small group/Sunday School meetings. Individual are asked to clean the classroom with provided materials and to discard any trash including coffee cups.
- Participants are asked to avoid congregating in the hall when entering or departing a classroom.
The Healthy at Church Advisory Team continues to encourage all attendees at Middletown Christian Church to obtain vaccinations and become fully vaccinated, as the vaccine is available to the respective age groups.
Per Governor Beshear’s order, beginning June 11th masks will no longer be required for anyone, vaccinated or unvaccinated, at Middletown Christian Church.
On August 15th, we will return to three in-person worship services and all ministry programming. Online worship will continue.
These guidelines and recommendations are subject to change based on current conditions and federal and state guidelines.