Following CDC Guidelines, the Healthy at Church Advisory Team
Indoor Activities at MCC Including Worship
- Members, staff, and visitors are strongly recommended to wear masks regardless of vaccination status, for all indoor church activities, e.g. worship, small group meetings, appointments, etc.
- Masks are available at entry to the church building.
- If individuals choose not to wear a mask, they are asked to practice social distancing from those not living in their household.
- Recommendations apply to ages 12 – adults.
- Children 2 -3 years old, Masks are optional
- Children 4 years old-5th grade will be required to mask throughout the building. Our Children’s Ministry mask policy mirrors that of our licensed preschool.
- Worship participants are asked to social distance in the chancel and wear masks when not participating in worship
- Staff are asked to wear masks when interacting with other staff in common areas and with visitors in the building
Choir & Praise Band Rehearsals and Performance
- As noted, individuals participating in activities in the building are strongly recommended to wear masks, regardless of vaccination status.
- Singing masks are an option.
- Individuals participating in rehearsals are asked to practice social distancing in the choir loft and in the chancel area for rehearsal and performance.
- Music directors will provide guidance for rehearsals.
- All staff and volunteers, regardless of vaccination status, will be required to mask at all times while working with children
- Children 2-3 years old- Masks are optional
- Children 4 years old -5th grade will be required to mask throughout the building. Children’s Ministry mask policy mirrors that of our licensed preschool.
- Children, birth through 2-year-olds will not be required to mask.
- Parents/guardians/others are required to mask in children’s wing when dropping off and picking up children.
- Preschool staff will be required to mask at all times, regardless of vaccination status.
- Parents and others are asked to mask when in the Children’s Wing and in other common spaces.
- Temperature and symptom assessment of children are to be conducted daily upon arrival.
- Vaccination will be required for all MCC staff members as well as volunteers in Children’s’ Ministries areas.
- If individual staff are not currently vaccinated, each will be responsible for weekly COVID testing, at personal expense. The results are to be submitted to their supervisor.
- Staff are to monitor for signs and symptoms of illness (temperature, congestion, fatigue, etc.) and decline to work on such days as symptoms are evident.
Actions following Exposure to someone with COVID-19/ Delta Variant:
If fully vaccinated:
- If you’ve had close contact with someone who has COVID-19, you should get tested 3-5 days after your exposure, even if you don’t have symptoms. You should also wear a mask indoors in public for 14 days following exposure or until your test result is negative. You should isolate (quarantine) for 10 days if your test result is positive.
If not fully vaccinated:
Individuals who have been in close contact with someone who has COVID-19 should quarantine.
- Stay home for 14 days after your last contact with a person who has COVID-19.
- Watch for fever (100.4◦F), cough, shortness of breath, or other symptomsof COVID-19.
- If possible, stay away from people you live with, especially people who are at higher riskfor getting very sick from COVID-19.
*The Staff and Healthy at Church Advisory Team are actively monitoring the COVID- 19 situation and will update our recommendations based on transmission rates and further guidance from the CDC and state agencies.